Project Manager—Automotive Facilities (Florida)
- Project manager needed for automotive facility projects who can monitor construction progress, coordinate multiple client partners and vendors, while effectively communicating project status and issues.
- Ability to communicate with client partners (general contractors and architects), vendors, while monitoring construction milestones and reporting discrepancies in design or schedule.
- The project manager will need to verify all aspects of regional construction projects and ensure work proceeds on schedule while adhering to required project specifications and design criteria
- Ideal candidate is an innovative but decisive individual who can work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-based environment; has the ability to set goals and expectations and hold others accountable.
- Successful candidate must maintain a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel occasionally
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university with a background in Planning or Construction Management preferred, with 7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least five 5 years management experience in the construction trades.
- Strong interpersonal capabilities; able to influence and lead.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, communication and conflict management skills.
General knowledge of construction life-cycle and development phases.
- Ability to observe potential problems and communicate ways to solve them.
- Complete understanding of all drawings, specifications and submittal processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as AutoCAD and reading plans
- Computer knowledge in sending emails, daily reports and construction schedules.
- Salary and benefits negotiated upon consideration of knowledge and experience.
- Represent company values and policies.
As an Environmental/Interior Designer, you are responsible for participating in the process of developing and designing brand-based solutions for ChangeUp’s clients. In this role you will be working from the inception of a project through to its fruition as a cohesive team focused on developing brand right solutions.
We offer tremendous opportunities for involvement with a wide variety of clients and project types.
Skills and Attributes
- Love of design: must have passion for creative excellence, branding and visual communication
- Exceptional design sense with the ability to take projects from “Big Idea” concepts to a built environment
- Strong space planning skills with the ability to move from conceptual bubble plans to detailed floor plans
- Understanding of material and finish selection, constructability and fabrication techniques
- Ability to undertake brand audits, survey project sites, review competitors, study consumer profiles, behaviors and mindsets
- Comprehension of architectural scale, sections, plans, elevations and details is required
- Skilled conceptual ideation and presentation abilities
- Organizational skills to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Professionalism in collaborating with team members across multiple functional disciplines
- Strong verbal and written skills
- High technical proficiency in relevant design software –Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Microsoft PowerPoint, AutoCAD
- Conceptualize and develop multiple environmental design solutions which meet the strategic, design, functional and budgetary criteria for a variety of project types
- Work in tandem with clients on designs based on requirements, modification and feedback to ensure that the project requirements are reflected in the design developed
- Coordinate with vendors and fabricators to ensure final product is as intended to ensure client satisfaction.
- Collaborate with other team members to integrate technology solutions into environments
- Establishing direction for materials and finishes on projects
- Organize activities and responsibilities within projects, and ensuring deadlines and project timelines are met
- Collaborate with team for successful completion
- Coordinate activities for client presentations and participating in client meetings
- Presenting finalized ideas, designs and concepts to clients or account team
- Staying current on market trends and research as it relates to retail design and communicates it to other team members
- Completion of a 4-year Bachelors Program in Interior Design, Architectural Design, Industrial Design or related area required
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a retail design company or similar organization
- Strong creative portfolio with a variety of client exposure
Please include your portfolio in your application or ensure there is a link to your portfolio in your resume.